Maintaining Your Roof for Long-Term Benefits
Taking care of your residential roof is just as important as taking care of something like the plumbing or the HVAC system. Your roof is integral in the overall structure of your home and if something happens to it, your whole house can suffer. When you need to take care of your roof, you need professional services to rely on. Not just for repairs, but for examination and detection services as well. Recovery Roofing & Home Improvement, Inc. is a reliable roofing company in your area that offers a variety of roofing services, including roof inspection in Baltimore, MD. This means we can examine your roof, detect damage, and repair it in no time. Call us at (410)-288-1633 for more information.
Reasons Why and When to Get a Roof Inspection
So when do you actually need to get a roof inspection? There are several times when it will be important to schedule an inspection for your roof.
- After a major storm: The most important time to get an inspection is after a storm that involves high-winds and hail. Those are two very damaging elements that can result in hard-to-see damage.
- Leak detection: If you are noticing internal water damage, especially on ceilings, then you need to schedule an inspection as soon as possible. There could be a leak due to storm damage or some other issue.
- Aging and weathering: The older a roof gets, the less effective it is at protecting the interior of a house. Getting regular inspections can help maintain an older roof until you can get it replaced.
- Routine maintenance: Even a brand new roof will need routine maintenance. During that time, a contractor can just go over the whole roof to ensure that there is no other damage or issue present.
Regardless of when or why you need, there are important benefits that can come from this service. For example, if you are noticing a leak, an inspection can find the problem to begin immediate repairs. Roof inspections can also help you decide if you need whole house air purifiers.
Why You Need a Roof Inspection
What is a roof inspection? This is the process of allowing a roofing contractor onto your roof to examine the condition of the roofing structure. They can then determine if there is a need for roof repair, replacement, or if everything is fine. Getting a roof inspection can feel inconvenient but there are a number of reasons to have inspections done regularly. In fact, there are several roof inspection benefits that everyone can experience.
- Avoid Costly Repairs/Replacements: Regular inspections can help to stay ahead of problems. When you neglect or ignore roofing issues, they fester and only become bigger and bigger. If that happens, you may find you’ll have to pay more to repair and replace larger sections of your roof.
- Easier Insurance Experience: If there is any kind of storm damage to your roof, you can actually get an inspection before filing an insurance claim. Doing so will make your experience that much easier. An inspection report before filing can make the process move a little faster so you can have a functioning roof that much sooner.
- Longevity: With regular inspections, a contractor will be able to regularly repair and maintain your roof. Most residential roofs have a life-span of about 20-25 years. By performing routine maintenance at least once a year, you can add several years to your roofs life-span.
- Peace of Mind: Probably the most important benefit that is rarely discussed is the peace of mind. When you know that your roof is maintained, repaired, and in good condition, you aren’t living in worry during a storm. You can actually do what needs to be done instead of constantly worrying about your roof.
Inspecting your roof will result in many advantages. While the process can feel like an inconvenience, it really isn’t. Roof inspections are a great way to get an understanding of the overall condition of your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How often should roofs be inspected?
- Asphalt shingle roofs should be inspected about every 18 months, or once every 2 years. Your roof should always be inspected after a major storm involving high winds or hail.
- How long does a roof inspection take?
- A thorough roof inspection will take anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours to complete. The length of time depends on how big your roof is and how much there is to inspect.
- Should I get a roof inspection?
- Whether you are living in the house or maybe considering purchasing one, you should get a roof inspection. Doing so will give you an understanding of the condition and what repairs may be needed if any are needed.
- How do you inspect a roof?
- Pay attention to obvious signs of damage from ground level. This includes anything that appears dented, dinged, broken, cracked, and more. If you can get on the roof, look for more signs of damage that may not be visible from the ground.
- What should I look for when inspecting a roof?
- Cracked or broken shingles, bald spots, missing shingles, and dents or holes. Also, look for cracked or peeling sealant as well as rusted or damaged flashing. These are signs of damage that need repairing as soon as possible.
Schedule an Appointment With Recovery Roofing & Home Improvement, Inc. Today!
Reliable roofing is only as good as the team that installed it. Whether you need installation or a roof inspection in Baltimore, MD, Recovery Roofing & Home Improvement, Inc. is the team to trust. Call us at (410)-288-1633 to get started.