Soffit Repair and Replacement
Do you need a soffit repair for your Baltimore, MD home? Well, you have come to the right place. Recovery Home Improvement has everything you need to help improve the look and feel of your home. Call us today at (410) 288-1633.
Soffit can be used under arches or columns, under porches, or anywhere you can find a visible ceiling. However, they are used around the main roof of a building most commonly.
Soffit is the skin that covers the eaves and without it, your beams are fully exposed and exposed to weather elements. That exposure can make your property vulnerable to rotting beams and mold build up, which can risk the health of the occupants of that building.
Types of Soffit
Soffit is most popular in aluminum or vinyl, but can also be made from fiber cement, steel, or wood. It comes in all types of colors and styles, and can be used to add instant character to your property. Aluminum and vinyl cost the least when it comes to manufacturing, easy installation, and the lightest of all materials. Here are a few other reasons aluminum and vinyl are potentially great choices.
- Aluminum soffit is easy to clean and its flexibility allows it to easily fit into various places. It is also fireproof, waterproof, and high durable.
- Fiber cement is one the pricier choices in soffit and is not commonly used. However, there are manufacturers that supply it in different colors, vents, and wood grain textures.
- Steel is much more durable than all other materials and can sometimes be available in various colors. Steel can also cost as much as 40% more than aluminum.
- Vinyl is typically the most inexpensive of all soffit materials. It is easy to maintain and water-resistant. You can also find this material in various grains and textures for a more personalized look.
- Wood can be a pricey material but it is considered one of the most durable. It has a natural and timeless look and provides exceptional insulation.
If you have any more questions about soffit, do not hesitate to call (410) 288-1633. Recovery Home Improvement has everything you need to know when it comes to soffit repair in Baltimore, MD or anywhere nearby.